Here at Silver Spring Day School, we are committed to keeping our families as safe as possible. If current COVID-19 guidelines are in place for the fall of 2021, we will take necessary precautions as well as implement specific policies that will aid in a safe re-opening for our school. Keeping in mind that this situation is ever changing and the need to be flexible based on recommendations + guidelines from the county, state, and CDC is important – below is an overview of some possible COVID protocols as well as safety considerations in regards to programming and parent participation that we may implement if necessary:
How will it affect the programs being offered?
- SSDS will be able to offer only our Core Program classes (two-year-old through preK daily classes), plus limited spaces in our Little University program (1:30 pm – 3:30 pm). There will be no Early Bird or Stay & Play. We hope to be able to offer more add-on options once COVID-19 guidelines have been lifted.
- There will be slightly smaller class sizes with 2 teachers in each class.
- There will be no co-mingling of classes
- In regards to classroom set up and interactions among children, while keeping the age population of SSDS in mind – we will do our best to socially distance as much as possible through thoughtful spacing of tables and play area in our classrooms.
How will it affect my tuition?
- If current COVID-19 guidelines are in place in the fall of 2021, unfortunately parent participation options will not be available and therefore all students will be charged the “opt-out” fee amount of $1,600.
How will it affect the parent participatory nature of the school?
- If current COVID-19 guidelines are in place in the fall of 2021, unfortunately parent participation will not be allowed. However, although they may look a little different, parent jobs will still be part of a family’s responsibility. And we welcome your creative ideas to support a strong community even under the circumstances.
What are the mandates around vaccinations?
- At this moment, vaccinations are not required for teachers or parents who participate in the classroom (whenever this becomes an allowed option). We will continue to stay abreast of state and county guidance around the requirement for vaccinations.
What additional safety measure are being taken?
- Masks worn by staff + children when not eating
- Outdoor drop off with separate entrances for each class and staggered drop off times if necessary.
- Temperature and symptom checks in the morning for staff & students and continual monitoring throughout the day
- More hand washing built into the day
- Cleaning toys after use and limiting item sharing
- Continued deep cleans at the end of the day and throughout the year
- Thorough bathroom wipe downs and designated bathrooms for various classes
We appreciate your patience during this time as we continue to evaluate and consider some necessary steps for a safe opening. Please reach out with any additional questions in regards to our COVID protocols + safety plans.