We are looking to add some Assistant Teachers to our amazing team! In order to apply, please submit the following:
- A letter of interest
- A resume of relevant experience
- Names and contact information of at least 2 professional references to Ylla Bishop, firstname.lastname@example.org, Interim Director
Assistant Teacher Responsibilities:
- Assist the lead teacher with all aspects of planning for and running the classroom.
- Relay to the lead teacher all pertinent information about a child shared by family members.
- Share observations of children with the lead teacher.
- Support the lead teacher in preparation of curriculum materials.
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with parents and colleagues to support the
success of each child.
- Assist the lead teacher in establishing a classroom environment which is content and sensory
rich, intentional, organized, appealing, and responsive to the needs and interests of the children.
- Assist the lead teacher in creating a community of inclusion and respect among the children and
adults in the classroom.
- Lead the classroom when the lead teacher is out.
- Support the lead teacher in implementing COVID-19 safety precautions as recommended by
- Assure that children are safe and supervised at all times.
- Other duties as specified.
Assistant Teacher Educational Requirements:
– Minimum of High School Diploma
– 90-hour certification preferred, required during course of employment
– All other training required by MSDE
– Criminal background check
– Medical clearance
– Part-time and full-time positions available if desired